Wednesday 3 October 2012

Week 9 - New Site Location








I have chosen to change the location of my site as my architectural proposal has developed. I think that this new location is better suited. This site also has allot of opportunity to have an impact on a new pedestrianised street scape. Not only is there an empty lot behind the Irish Pub here but it sits on the corner of two of the busiest car traffic streets of the city. When these become pedestrianised there will have to be a new building activating this space. The park diagonally across from this site at the moment does not get as much use as other green spaces around the city, I think but implementing a new community building there is opportunity to also improve the green space and make it more utilised. This site also has good access from the riverside bike way.




No comments:

Post a Comment